La ARMA Nostra Certification Reimbursement
Established in 2009 by Nicholas J. De Laurentis, “The Godfather,” the La ARMA Nostra “family,” seeks to advance the information management profession and professionals by shared networking, assist professionals in developing and growing the profession, and attract and retain the next generation of IM professionals and leadership. The “family” funds awards that go to information management professionals who are either currently pursuing or have recently completed an IM-related certification, such as the CRM (Certification of Records Management) or IGP (Information Governance Professional Certification).
Preference is given to applicants applying for their first professional certification. Those pursuing Institute of Certified Records Managers (ICRM) certifications (i.e. CRM, CRA) or the Information Governance Professional (IGP) certification are given preference over other certification programs.
Past winners of the reimbursement are not eligible to apply.
Sponsors and Funding
Sponsored by La ARMA Nostra and the Institute of Certified Records Managers (ICRM). Funding is determined on an annual basis. AIEF reserves the right not to offer grants unless funding is available. AIEF encourages endowed scholarships supported by gifts from individuals and organizations. Potential donors are invited to contact us for more information.
All applications for the certification reimbursement program will be adjudicated by the Scholarship Committee of AIEF. Each application will be judged on its completeness and the quality of the required components. If in the opinion of the committee, no applications received in a given year warrant an award, none will be given in that year.
Each year, AIEF awards up to six reimbursements of $500 each.
La ARMA Nostra payments are made directly to the reimbursement recipient soon after all applicants have been notified of the committee’s decisions. All payments will be made in US dollars.
Questions? Contact us.
Application Deadline and Requirements
All application materials must be submitted between July 15 – August 15 of each year and include the following:
- Current resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) demonstrating involvement in information management.
- Evidence of successful completion of part or all of the certification since January 1 of the previous year.
- A brief paragraph or two (no more than one page, double spaced, 12pt font) addressing how obtaining the information management-related certification will help you in your career.
- Evidence of expenses incurred in pursuit of the certification. Expenses include application/exam fees, study materials, preparation seminar fees, etc.
Schedule of Available Scholarships & Reimbursements
AIEF Education Scholarship - Applications accepted Feb 15-Mar15.
La ARMA Nostra Certification Reimbursement - Applications accepted July 15-Aug 15
* The Foundation’s current focus is the field information management (IM) which we define as: including the responsibility for establishing and implementing policies, systems, and procedures to capture, create, access, distribute, use, store, secure, retrieve, and...