Since 2006, AIEF has supplied financial support to aspiring and current information management professionals pursuing an associates, bachelor’s, graduate, or post-graduate degree in information management.
AIEF define information management as including the responsibility for setting up and implementing policies, systems, and procedures to capture, create, access, distribute, use, store, secure, retrieve, and ensure disposition of an organization’s records and information assets. Information management is an essential part for information governance, which holds organizations and individuals accountable for the proper handling of information assets. Information management enables awareness to both business and technology changes enabling any organization to respond, with confidence, to changing needs.
- be a student currently enrolled in an accredited educational program pursuing an associates, bachelors, or graduate/professional degree with the intent of becoming an information management professional,
- have completed at least one semester/term of coursework toward your degree,
- have a “C” average or higher in your current degree program (or Pass if Pass/Fail), and
- have not received a AIEF-funded scholarship of any type within the past five years.
Students from all countries and of all nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Sponsor and Funding
This scholarship is generously funded by AIEF donors.
Funding may vary annually. AIEF reserves the right not to offer scholarships unless funding is available.
The Scholarship Committee reviews all applications and selects recipients based on completeness and the quality of the required components. If, in the opinion of the committee, no applications call for an award, none will be given in that year.
AIEF intends to award scholarships of up to $2000 for applicants pursuing a graduate or post-graduate and up to $1000 for applicants pursuing an associates or bachelor’s degree.
AIEF will make payment in US dollars directly to the award recipient. US-based award recipients will receive their award by check through USPS. International award recipients will receive their award by wire transfer.
Questions? Contact us.
Application Deadline and Requirements
The committee accepts applications from February 15 – March 15. Applicants must include the following materials in the order shown as a single PDF document.
- A current educational transcript.
- A current resume.
- A personal essay. The essay should be no more than one page, double-spaced, 12-point font. In the essay, briefly discuss your interest in information management and your plans to contribute to the field.
Schedule of Available Scholarships & Reimbursements
AIEF Education Scholarship - Applications accepted February 15 - March 15.
ARMA Professional Development Award - Applications accepted March 20 - April 15.
La ARMA Nostra Certification Reimbursement - Applications accepted July 15 - August 15
ARMA Professional Development Award – Begin Application
* The Foundation’s current focus is the field information management (IM) which we define as: including the responsibility for establishing and implementing policies, systems, and procedures to capture, create, access, distribute, use, store, secure, retrieve, and...