Since 2006, AIEF has sought to provide financial support to aspiring and current information management professionals pursuing a degree (associate, bachelor, graduate or post-graduate) in information management.
AIEF define information management as including the responsibility for establishing and implementing policies, systems, and procedures to capture, create, access, distribute, use, store, secure, retrieve, and ensure disposition of an organization’s records and information assets. Information management is an essential component for information governance, which holds organizations and individuals accountable for the proper handling of information assets. Information management enables awareness to both business and technology changes enabling any organization to respond, with confidence, to changing needs.
- Be currently pursuing a degree at an accredited educational institution. Preference will be given to applicants focused on an information management related degree.
- Have completed at least two courses toward the degree.
- Have attained at least a “C” average in the current degree program (or Pass if Pass/Fail).
- Have not received a AIEF-funded scholarship of any type within the past 5 years.
Students from all countries and of all nationalities may apply.
Sponsor and Funding
AIEF funding is determined on an annual basis. AIEF reserves the right not to offer scholarships unless funding is available. AIEF encourage endowed scholarships supported by gifts from individuals and organizations. Potential donors are invited to contact us for more information.
All applications for each scholarship program will be adjudicated by the Scholarship Committee. Each application will be judged based on its completeness and the quality of the requirement components. If, in the opinion of the committee, no applications received in a given year warrant an award, none will be given in that year.
AIEF intends to award scholarships of up to $3000 for Graduate, Post-Graduate or Advanced Degree level and up to $1200 for under-graduate level applicants.
Scholarship payments are made directly to the scholarship winner soon after all applicants have been notified of the committee’s decisions. All payments will be made in US dollars.
Questions? Contact us.
Application Deadline and Requirements
All application materials must be submitted between February 15 – March 15 of each year and include the following:
- The completed application form.
- Your educational transcript with most recent courses taken. If you are currently enrolled in courses but have not been issued a semester/term grade, the transcript should indicate that you are currently enrolled in said courses.
- Current resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A personal essay that discusses (a) your interests in information management, (b) plans to contribute to the information management field, and (c) describes information management related experience if applicable. The essay should be no more than two pages, double-spaced, in 12-point font. The essay should be original and NOT a class paper or assignment.
Schedule of Available Scholarships & Reimbursements
AIEF Education Scholarship - Applications accepted Feb 15-Mar15.
La ARMA Nostra Certification Reimbursement - Applications accepted July 15-Aug 15
* The Foundation’s current focus is the field information management (IM) which we define as: including the responsibility for establishing and implementing policies, systems, and procedures to capture, create, access, distribute, use, store, secure, retrieve, and...