The Board of Trustees of the Foundation are sorry to announce the passing of its Vice-Chairman, Gary Lewis, CRM, CDIA+ . At the time of his death, he was actively engaged in the advancement of the Foundation and poised to become the next Chairman of the Board of Trustees. The Foundation benefited from his administrative innovations, his aggressive attention to marketing and quality reporting. In addition to his work with the Foundation, Gary was heavily involved in ARMA International at the chapter and region level. His home chapter is the Northern Virginia Chapter.
Gary earned degrees from the University of Virginia and the University of Southern California. Prior to becoming a records manager, Gary served with distinction in the US Air Force including significant time flying the F-4 Phantom Jet. The F-4 was a star in its era. Originally an all-missile fighter, it became a multi-role, all-weather interceptor. Piloting an F-4 was a demanding job.
His professional career in records and information management includes these high points:
- Developed records information management programs for: the Department of Treasury, the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency, the U.S. Joint Staff Records Management office, and the U.S. Office of the Secretary of Defense Records Management Support Services office.
- Created Project Analyses of Records Information Management Programs for Booz-Allen, Inc., and the U.S. Department of State.
- Program Manager for Department of Veterans Affairs Records Center contract
- Program Manager for EPA Records Management Support Services contract
He earned the following designations:
- Certified Records Manager (CRM)
- Certified Document Imaging Architect (CDIA+)
- Electronic Records Management Practitioner (ERMP)
- Electronic Records Management Specialist (ERMS)
Gary is survived by his wife, Laurie and his sons.
Friends and associates of Gary Lewis, CRM, CDIA+, are encouraged to contact the Foundation Coordinator to add information to this record .
Patricia Huff, on behalf of Gary’s home chapter, writes: “Gary Lewis was an inspiring member of our ARMA Chapter as well as ARMA International. His passion for the Educational Foundation is legendary and the Northern Virginia Chapter of ARMA is sending this memorial donation in recognition for his extraordinary work.”
The Southern California Inland Empire Chapter donated all the proceeds form its annual silent auction to honor Gary Lewis. Brandon Reeder, Chapter President, remarked that the chapter “is very grateful for members who truly dedicate their time to ARMA like Gary Allen Lewis.”
Want to make a credit card contribution on line? Use the link to our credit card payment system. Select “Contributions and Memorial Gifts” and follow the steps. On the credit card page, please use the Comments and Messages field to enter the name Gary Lewis. To begin, click Credit Card Payment System